Everything that I carry.
Use this list to help plan what you want to carry with you on your travel.
While I travelled or study, I’ve always got my bag packed and ready to go on an adventure. Whether that adventure is an overnight hike in the mountains, a week’s trip to a neighbouring city or an adventure over the other side of the world, this collection of items is all I need. I don’t even want to think about the amount of time I spent looking at and deciding which different pieces of gear I would want, but this list has turned into a hobby of mine; to create the ultimate One-Bag travel and life kit.
Some quick basics:
I travel with a 30L backpack. At times, I’ll bring a small shoulder bag if I’m away for a long period of time, but at most, I can hold nothing more than the volume of 35l. My bag also never weighs more than 7kg or 15.4lb. Because of this, I can carry everything with me in the carry on a section of most flights. I have a tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mat that I’ll bring with me if necessary, but I’m yet to acquire the perfect one for this kit.
The most important tips;
1. Don’t over pack – Only choose items that you know you’ll need.
2. If you can live with it for 2 two weeks, you can live with it for a year.
3. For the things you don’t want to replace, choose good quality materials. (Merino Wool)
4. Most small things can be replaced, often quite cheaply.
5. Make sure everything is safe and secure, always get a locker.